A creamy savoury crumble simple to prepare and perfect for an everyday family meal. You can prepare this in advance and chill until you are ready to cook making it the ideal fuss free evening option. Using Brioche gives the bake a rich buttery flavour but you could use any quality bread. Make this gluten free by using an artisan style gluten free loaf instead of brioche.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
175g brioche loaf or gluten free bread
Handful of fresh parsley
Sea Salt and black pepper
400g chicken breast cut into strips
1tbsp olive oil
About 3 leeks 500g, finely sliced or shredded in a food processor
1/2 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
100ml white wine
125ml half fat creme fraiche or Greek yogurt
100g grated cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas 6.
2. Place the brioche and parsley in a food processor and pulse to form a coarse crumble texture.
3. Place the cornflour on a plate and season with salt and pepper. Dust the chicken in the cornflour.
4. Add the olive oil to a large saute pan. Fry the chicken on each side until lightly golden, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and place on a plate.
5. Add the leeks, onion and garlic to the pan and cook very gently for 5 minutes until the leeks are soft. Return the chicken to the pan. Pour in the white wine and creme fraiche and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Spoon the mixture into a baking dish. Scatter the crumble over the leeks and top with the grated cheese. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until bubbling.
Nutritional Analysis per serving
Calories 462kcal, Fat 18.4g, saturates 9.6g, Carbohydrates 28.7g, sugar 5.3g, fibre 6.2g, protein 37.8g, salt 1.1g