A delicious savoury flapjack, ideal for packed lunches, afternoon snacks and even a grab and go breakfast option. A great combination of slow releasing oats, protein packed seeds and cheese with shredded leeks for plenty of flavour. These can also be frozen up to 1 month too.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
75g unsalted butter
1 leek shredded
1 tomato finely chopped
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
30g mixed seeds e.g sesame seeds, sunflower, pumpkin seeds
175g gluten free oats or regular oats
1tbsp chopped parsley
200g grated cheddar cheese
3 eggs, beaten
Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (Gas Mark 5 / 375°F).
2. Grease and line a baking dish either 20cm square or use individual mini square or loaf tins to make individual flapjacks.
3. Add the butter, leek, tomato and smoked paprika to a saute pan or frying pan. Place on a low heat and cook gently for 5 minutes until the leek has softened. Turn off the heat and allow the leek mixture to cool slightly.
4. Add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
5. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin or individual tins and press firmly down with the back of a spoon.
6. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden brown.
7. Allow to cool slightly. If using one larger tin lift the flapjack out onto a board and cut into pieces while warm. If using individual moulds allow the flapjacks to cool for 10 minutes before removing and cooling on a wire rack.
8. Delicious warm or cold.
Nutritional Analysis Per Flapjack
Calories 211kcal, fat 14.5g, saturates 7.6g, carbohydrates 10.8g, sugars 0.6g, fibre 1.8g, protein 8.3g, salt 0.4g